We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Paprika - pepper, known as a must-have supplement to Hungarian dishes. Spice began to gradually occupy its niche in the culinary art and expand its capabilities. Seasoning has many advantages, useful properties and healing abilities.
General characteristics and types of paprika
Spice has special characteristics of appearance. It is difficult to confuse with other varieties of pepper because of the bright red color and a special bitterness. The birthplace of seasoning is South America. Christopher Columbus brought the spice, calling it Indian red salt. At that time, only rich people could use pepper for food. In Hungary, it became known in the 17th century, the Turks called spice in their own way - kirmitsi. The Hungarians gave the seasoning another name - paparka.
Pepper has different subtlest shades of taste. This is due to the variety and the presence in the powder of partitions, giving a burning tone.
There are many varieties, some of them are the most famous and popular:
- Sweet. Another name is noble. One of the most selectable varieties. The pepper has a dark red tone and a subtle, faint smell. Paprika Sweet paprika - cultivated more often than other varieties.
- Delicious. The grinding is obtained medium consistency. The color is paler than that of a noble variety. The taste does not give sharpness, but quite pleasant.
- Semisweet. Contains a large number of different sugar elements. When placed on a hot surface, it starts to burn. The special characteristic of the spice smell is medium in hotness.
- Special. The plant variety stands out with a bright shade of red palette. The taste is saturated with the sweetness of a delicate aroma.
- Gentle. The powder has a pale shade of red and an amazing shine. Grinding is obtained medium powder consistency. Taste is very delicate, hence the name of the variety.
- Acute. Seasoning has a yellow color or a shade close to brown. The taste is hot and spicy. When hit on the tongue, it burns.
- Pink. Differs in spicy taste of sharpness, average grinding.
Each variety has its own circle of admirers. Fans know which type of spice to eat. Basically, the difference is distributed according to taste, sharpness and color. All varieties have a smell, but sometimes it is almost imperceptible. Some species give the aroma of oak. It resembles smoking on wood chips of a noble tree.
How to make paprika at home
The technology for preparing red powder is simple, but lengthy. It requires compliance with a series of sequential actions. You can imagine the preparation of spices at home in the following steps:
- Collect or purchase good quality bell peppers and red varieties.
- Remove seeds from the core.
- Dry the material thoroughly.
- Crush the prepared raw materials in a mortar or grind to a powder.
- Place in an airtight container for storage.
- Choose a dry place for the seasoning container.
The severity depends on the number of partitions in the material. They contain crystalline capsaicin, which gives a burning taste. When dried, the fruits lose weight, so the pods are harvested in large quantities. Modern methods simplify cooking technology. Dried in the oven, grind with a coffee grinder. Electrical appliances enhance the quality of the powder.
Dry material can be stored for 2-3 years, subject to room temperature. If storage conditions are violated, kirmitsi becomes wet and loses its properties. The powder forms lumps, sticks together in dense pieces. Such a composition can be thrown away, it will not give the benefit and the desired taste.
How to dry pepper
Nutritional Information and Paprika Composition
Red pods of the plant have unusual beneficial properties and contain vitamins and healing micro-macro elements.
Spice is saturated with such substances:
- proteins of plant origin;
The spice contains a vitamin complex, the main component is C. The scientist, who discovered vitamin in pepper, was looking for ascorbic acid in food. He unexpectedly isolated C in paprika. The amount of useful element in the burning powder is greater than in lemons and black currants. A person needs only one small fruit for a day.
The healing properties and benefits of paprika
Healing possibilities of red pepper fruits:
- activation of metabolic phenomena;
- increase immunity;
- improving the functioning of the gastric system;
- removal of factors provoking gas formation, spasmodic attacks, colic;
- strengthening the mucous membranes of the abdominal cavity;
- normalization and activation of the formation of blood cells, the structure of venous and arterial vessels;
- prevents the appearance of blockage of blood vessels;
- preserves the work of nerve receptors;
- removes from depression and stressful conditions;
- stimulates the growth of hair follicles, strengthening of the nail plates;
- prevention of early hair loss.
The use of paprika in official medicine
Red pepper is used as a means for weight loss. When stimulating the stomach, the powder ingredients accelerate the heat metabolism, and the fluid output from the body increases. Due to this process, fat cells are burned. A person loses weight and regains normal body weight.
To reduce the mass, doctors developed special plasters. They simplify weight loss.
Paprika is an essential component of pharmaceutical agents that promote weight loss:
- anti-cellulite cream;
- body correction cream;
- compositions for wrapping.
Pepper patches help in the complex for the treatment of colds, inflammatory processes of the joints and back. Due to the properties, the tissues are heated from the inside.
Traditional medicine recipes with paprika
With the help of bell pepper, various preparations are prepared for conducting medical procedures.
- Rubbing. Paprika is insisted on vodka, then the inflamed parts of the body are treated.
- Instead of nitroglycerin. With acute heart pain, when the right remedy is missing, the powder will help. A teaspoon is bred in water and drunk, the pains and cramps of the heart muscle pass.
- The drug. The powder is dissolved in cold boiling water in a strong concentration. The medicine is used for bleeding of the gastric system, fainting.
About the cosmetic properties of paprika
Paprika is used to restore and improve the skin. The integuments become resilient and resilient. The antioxidants that make up the seasoning absorb free radicals and regulate collagen production. Other abilities of cosmetics for the skin with red pepper:
- reduction in the formation of acne;
- removal of inflammatory irritations;
- slowing down the aging process of the skin;
- improved blood circulation;
- vasodilation of the epidermis.
Paprika is added to face cleanser, toxin removal, peeling. The skin becomes fresh, radiant youth and beauty.
Hot paprika spice in cooking
Paprika - originally a seasoning of Hungarian cuisine. Gradually, the number of nationalities successfully using hot spice increased. Cuisines of many nations can not be imagined without red burning powder. Culinary masterpieces of such countries are based on pepper:
What dishes add paprika:
- white and red meat;
- curd masses.
Hot spice perfectly enhances the taste of other spices and herbs for seasonings:
There are dishes where seasoning is the main ingredient:
- chili sauce;
- halasle soup;
- stuffed peppers (eggs).
Do not combine red pepper with cilantro and onion grass.
If you ask a teenager about culinary specialties with paprika, then the most frequent are chips and snacks.
- Hungarian national dish - paprikash - Do not cook without pepper. The basis is meat. Cooking technology - stewing. The meat is poured with estimates or cream. Varieties of meat for the dish: chicken, beef, lamb. Be sure to add paprika at the end of the quenching, sprinkle with powder the top layer of the dish. The amount depends on the master and the required degree of severity. The meat is left to infuse, sometimes smoked.
- Another popular culinary masterpiece is goulash. Here the meat is cooked with potatoes. A dish is a thick stew that combines soup and a second into a single whole. By color, it seems that tomatoes were added to the goulash, but this is not so. Red tint gives seasoning.
Contraindications to the use of paprika
Seasoning has a number of contraindications, prohibitions on admission. This applies to the state of health and the characteristics of the human digestive system. Under what pathologies is paprika prohibited or limited in the amount of use:
- angina pectoris;
- kidney and liver problems;
- heart abnormalities;
- chronic gastritis;
Caution should be used with seasoning with a vulnerable psyche and increased excitability of the nervous system.
The use of paprika in cooking
Most housewives keen on cooking have seasoning. Pleasant characteristics allow the use of red pepper powder in various dishes. But not many people know about the healing properties of paprika. At home, you can create tools to improve the skin, get rid of diseases. You can choose drugs from the finished products of pharmaceutical enterprises.