We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Care for the mock-up, which is also called jasmine, is especially important in autumn. During this period, pruning, top dressing and even propagation of jasmine are performed. About how to do it right and what to pay attention to first of all, right now.
The best ways to breed mock orange in the fall
To breed mockingbird, several methods are used. In the autumn, the most reliable methods are cuttings and separation of the bush. The technology is quite simple, but in the case of division, special care must be taken not to damage the roots.
Cutting of mock orange
The main way to get a healthy mock bush is to propagate by cuttings in the fall. The technology is quite simple and accessible even to novice gardeners, and almost all cuttings are rooted. The main thing is to take into account all the rules at each stage:
- It is very important to choose the right escape. Immediately you need to abandon the faded, strong (overgrown) branches or too thick shoots. Accordingly, short shoots that have not yet formed flowers are chosen. It is enough to have 2 internodes.
- Another rule - it is important to sharpen the knife very well to make the perfect cut (the fibers should not wrinkle).
- One slice is performed oblique - 5 mm below the node. The second cut is 15 mm above the knot. It is direct, i.e. perpendicular to the shoot.
- All leaves are cut almost to the base - you need to leave from a quarter to a third of the leaf.
- The substrate is made of sand, peat (in equal mass quantities) and drainage (expanded clay or broken brick).
- Immediately before planting, it is better to hold the cuttings in a stimulant solution by immersing them in a glass at night.
- Planting is carried out either in a greenhouse or in open ground, but then they are covered with a plastic container.
- Drainage is filled up to the bottom with a layer of 5-7 cm. Next are already moistened peat and sand. The uppermost layer (3 cm) is already clean sand, without a mixture.
- Next, a solution of any fungicide is poured and cuttings are planted, previously treated with a root stimulation stimulator (you can simply lower it into a powder). A very important point - you need to plant cuttings at a noticeable slope (40about), and the lower leaves should not be in contact with the ground.
- Disembarkation is carried out no later than mid-August, since it takes at least 4-6 weeks to root. In this case, all the time you need to ensure that the soil is always moist, and the place was slightly shaded.
How to cut a mock up
It is best to choose cuttings with so-called heels - i.e. cut them off from the branch so that a small piece of ripened wood from last season remains on the edge. Then rooting is guaranteed.
How to multiply mock-up by dividing a bush
By dividing the bush, the mock up can be propagated both in spring and in autumn. The procedure is also carried out in August (until the middle). The main requirement in this case is to carry out all the actions carefully, because the roots of the uterine bush can be easily damaged, which will make the mocker begin to hurt. The technology is as follows:
- First, the bush needs to be watered abundantly and wait a few hours so that the moisture is completely absorbed into the soil.
- Then they dig a bush, carefully separating the roots and brushing them off the ground.
- The plant is divided into several parts, and the tips of the shoots and roots are pruned.
- After that, you need to immediately plant a bush in a predetermined place so as not to transplant it anymore.
- The bush needs to be planted to the top pair of buds, and then squeeze it with soil.
- After planting, you need to water the bush again abundantly.
Appointment and schemes for pruning moss in the fall
Pruning for mock-ups is very important, because thanks to this procedure, you can not only significantly improve the appearance of the bush, but also improve it. If you remove semi-dried or dead shoots, this helps to ensure that water and nutrients enter the healthy parts of the plant, so it grows faster.
The pruning technology is simple, the whole procedure is carried out with a sharp secateurs (garden saws will not work):
- First of all, pruning can begin no earlier than 3 years, as the bush was planted in a permanent place. The reason is that it is after three years that jasmine gives flowering branches.
- In order to sanitize, all dead and weak shoots are removed in the early spring so that the plant can recover by the beginning of the period of active growth. And in the fall, they do the so-called shaping, or decorative, pruning.
- Initially, you need to outline how high the tree will be - usually they choose no more than 2 meters to make it convenient to care for all the shoots.
- Since too thick jasmines do not bloom at all or produce very few flowers, the main purpose of pruning is to thin out. To do this, remove all branches that in recent years have not given flowers, as well as curved, diseased and clearly dead.
Particular attention should be paid to diseased branches - even if the lesion is insignificant, the shoot should be completely removed, otherwise they can infect the entire bush.
Autumn feeding of mock
Fertilize jasmine in the fall with organic and mineral top dressing. You can use the following options:
- chicken, cow or horse manure, diluted with water 800-900 g of manure per 10-liter bucket;
- compost and humus in the same ratio: per bush about 10-15 kg, depending on its size;
- superphosphate and potassium sulfate, taken in the same ratio (concentration and method of obtaining the solution - according to the instructions).
All fertilizers are applied only on a warm day without rain. First you need to water the bushes abundantly, wait until the moisture is absorbed into the soil, and then fertilize.
How to trim mock
The mode of autumn watering mock
Almost all varieties of mock orange, of which more than 70 are known, love quite abundant watering. Moreover, if in summer you always need more water, then in the fall the amount of moisture is gradually reduced - every week from mid-August until the onset of frost.
As a result, the last servings for irrigation (at the end of September) should be one third or half less than the usual summer ones. Moreover, if during the summer, watering is combined with fertilizer (for example, manure with water), then in the second half of September you just need to top up the water so that the soil remains a little moist, and stop feeding again after the first decade of autumn.
Protection of mock-ups from winter frosts
Shelter for the winter of this plant is quite easy to do. Most jasmine varieties cultivated in our latitudes are well adapted for winter. However, special attention should be paid:
- for varieties characterized by low winter hardiness;
- young shrubs of any kind;
- tender young shoots that began to grow in the past summer.
It is these categories of mockworm and parts of the bush that are most at risk during short-term severe frosts or when the temperature drops in winter.
Preparing jasmine for the winter, regardless of the age and size of the bush, has 2 tasks:
- First of all, you need to shelter young shoots in order to protect them from frost.
- Finally, care must be taken to ensure that the young branches do not break due to the severity of snow, which can melt and freeze again, and become denser due to temperature changes. In this case, if you do not protect the shoots, they can break, and then in the spring the bush will grow unevenly.
- Branches are pressed to the ground and pinned.
- The whole bush turns into a spandbond.
- Several heavy stones are laid on a sheet of material so that it is not blown away by winter winds.
In the spring, several branches or their tips die anyway. Therefore, the first thing you need to carefully look at the entire plant and cut off all branches that are clearly damaged by frost, otherwise jasmine will grow quite poorly and will not give an abundance of flowers.
Features of caring for mock
Thus, the rules for caring for mock-ups are quite simple. And if you consider these tips, you can survive the winter period almost without loss.